This is the draft timeline. The homes might be done within 2 years of getting an option on the property.
Project Plan and Timeline
Phase I, 4 months
- Get an option on the property
- Meet with City Planner to discuss idea.
- Assemble investors
- Assemble offer and financing plan for property.
- Cohouser resident community building activities and orientations.
- Building a Core Group of participants.
Phase II – 3 months
- Negotiate offer with property owners.
- Meet with City Planners on Setbacks and preliminary placements.
- Legal Option on property in place.
Plus: (1 months)
- Meeting with local neighbors to understand their needs and get feedback on favorability to our project build in their neighborhood.
- Master Plan Preliminary Drawings and other documents needed for City Planner requirements.
- Soil Tests
- Option Finalized on Property
- Begin Workshops
Phase III – 9 months
- Submit proposal to City Planners for Rezoning and Permits – 9 Months
- Community Meeting with local neighbors for approval
- Committed artist cohousers for 20 market price homes attend workshops.
- Begin Community Building and Planning Sessions
- 4 Resident Planning Meetings.
- Finalize Community Site Plans with Community and City Planners
- City approval received for rezoning and permits
Phase IV – 7 months
- Hire construction contractor
- Get construction loan
- Planning for Construction and Breaking Ground
- Occupancy Certificates
- First several homes completed. Move in.